Fall in a day

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Here's my hardworking husband. We went through six cords of wood last year. He has decided to put the wood closer to the house for me so I won't need to go to the wood shed if he's not home. Possibly we won't have another winter like we did last year. Hard to say though. We were six days without electricity. (I'll post a couple of those pics at a later date).
Some folks wonder how we get this big ol' dodge back here. He's got a very narrow path he can squeeze by on the south side of the house. And I mean squeeze-the tires almost touching both flower beds.




Now I must admit this has got to be the strangest
view I have ever seen out the back.
We have a straight drop off and most of what is back here is fill. If a deer had come through or even an elk but not a horse! This is the most unlikely presence of any animal I could ever expect to be back here. Luckily I was able to capture it running through. It actually had a little pony tagging behind it. Too funny! We did solve the mystery of it's owner a bit later.
So I guess my point of view on this...keep your pets in your own yard! And did you pick up after your um...horse? Just goes to show you - it's difficult to always keep your animals under control. After all they are animals. Most people can't keep their children under control either but that's a whole other topic - don't even want to go there.

1 comment:

  1. You know they SELL horse manure for fertilizer- maybe it will be good for the plants :)
    Darla

    ReplyDelete